Hello, reader, and welcome (back) to Writer Central!
Anyway, I thought this would be a nice way to sort of introduce my current WIP, The Daughter of Darkness (working title).
Quick disclaimer: my story is set in a different time period and a different world, but I’m going to be answering these questions as if my characters live in the modern world.
So, here goes nothing!
1. A crazy hacker’s gone into your computer, and has deleted all of your music, except for one song off of your writing playlist. Which song is it?
Let me just start off by saying…why would anyone do that? Also, I don’t know why he’d let me keep just one song while he deletes the rest…? Because that’s just pure malevolence. 😥 Anyway, lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Star Wars and LOTR soundtracks, which I really like. However, I do think it would be smarter to pick a song I don’t listen to a lot, because I’d be less likely to remember it when remaking my playlist. So I’m going to choose something I like and write to now and then, which is… *drumroll* The Funeral, from Band of Horses. (Yes, it has lyrics. Sue me.)
2. Your protagonist and antagonist have been paired up by friends to go out to lunch together. Where do they go?
This is really hard to answer without giving spoilers…and also, the thought of this happening makes me want to laugh…. So my main character, Rynn, grew up as a scorned poor and without much of a family, so she’s used to not expecting much from people. Merle, my antagonist, grew up pretty much the same way. So I’d expect them to choose some cheap, inexpensive place just out of habit. Maybe…Burgerville? This is so hard to answer.
3. You’re crossing a bridge when the troll living under it stops you. He demands to read a chapter from your novel, and won’t let you cross otherwise. Which chapter do you give him?
Well, he wouldn’t like to read one from the middle of the book, would he? He wouldn’t know what’s going on…but seeing as this is a troll we’re talking about, I’m assuming he wouldn’t care. I’m also assuming – and hoping – that he likes blood and gore, so I’m going to choose Chapter 19. (Because blood and gore happens here.)
4. Your friends have invited you out to a party. Surprise! All of your characters are there. Who do you choose to hang out with?
I would probably choose to associate myself with Wade – he’s pretty funny and a good person to talk to – and Elvis, who is smart and loyal.
5. Crap. You left your car keys in your house, and you’ve (somehow) locked yourself out. Which of your characters picks the lock for you?
Probably Julian – against his parents’ wishes, he likes to make and fix things, and especially figure things out. Or maybe Elvis, because, again, he’s smart.
6. The zombie apocalypse is happening right now. (It sucks.) Everyone is fleeing the planet, and moving to Mars. ONE of your characters can go with you. Who do you choose?
I would choose Alana, because she’s logical and smart and knows how to survive. Even if she is a smart-mouth and doesn’t like to be bossed around.
7. You’ve been given the opportunity to travel to one place (town, building, landmark, country) in your book. Where do you go?
Well, this is hard because just about every place I possibly could go in my characters’ world is terrible. I have a few main options: Libory, the North Forest, or Wilholt. Libory is under the rule of King Gamaliel, who is a terrible man, the North Forest is unsettling, gloomy, infested with hideous creatures, and it’s a forest (in case you couldn’t tell), and forests aren’t really meant to be lived in. Wilholt is under the rule of King Saul, who is an even more terrible man than Gamaliel. So my choices aren’t great. But I’d choose Libory, because it’s the best of the three.
8. You meet your main character and start a conversation with them. Problem is, you’ve only got six words or less to do so. What do you say?
Well, Rynn is a loner and is used to having to avoid people. I don’t think there’s a lot I could say in just 6 words or less that would spark a conversation between us, especially since we don’t have much in common. But I’d give her a compliment or something, because that would make her more comfortable with me.
9. Crazy acid rain is falling from the sky. Which of your characters would you use as an umbrella?
I would use Merle as an umbrella (if I could lift him), because he’s downright awful, and my antagonist. It would solve a lot of problems for Rynn.
10. You’re out at a restaurant with your main character, and the time has come to order dessert. What do you order for them?
For starters, why can’t she order her own dessert? But anyway, Rynn’s favorite food is locotan, a type of fruit that grows in Libory. So I’d probably order locotan preserves or something.
That’s all for my Coffee and Calligraphy Writing Tag! If you’d like to do the same tag, feel free. The link to the questions is above, and I’m tagging anyone who wants to do it!
Also, how’d y’all do on your Camp NaNoWriMo projects? Let me know below!
I’d like to give a quick thank you to everyone who follows my blog and likes my posts. It means so much to me!
Thanks for checking out my blog! If you’d like to see more writing-related posts, follow this blog. I post at least once a week, usually twice. If you have a question or idea, just comment below or contact me through email or social media, and I’ll get back to you.
Off to read The Cursed Child. 🙂 See you next time!